market-farming - [Market-farming] Over-wintered Carrots and Spring growth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Over-wintered Carrots and Spring growth
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:32:50 -0800 (PST)

I have way to many carrots to sell this winter.  I am looking for a market, but I am also wondering what will happen to them in the spring?  When they start growing again, how will they taste?  Will it be worthwhile to keep them around until spring?  Any opinions?  This is my first year of overwintering carrots.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com