market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] work boot suggestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] work boot suggestions
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:34:11 -0800 (PST)

I'm afraid Muck boots are also too narrow for me.  An American boot in a wide size will often be too wide in the heel for my feet. I usually end up buying a European Size...39 when i can find it, but often have to settle for a 40.  The best waterproof boot has been Ecco Trak II (Gortex), but the cleats prove to be problematic for tracking in lots of mud and they eventually start to leak.  They are nice and light though and very comfortable and not too hot for summer use, but not warm enough for mid-winter...mostly do OK for Delaware except when it snows...then my feet get cold. I go through them in months, not even a year, and they are too expensive to do that with....$200.  I'm still looking for something too.
Hattie
Hattie's Garden
Lewes, DE 19958
302-945-0350