market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Work Boot Suggestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Work Boot Suggestions
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:42:11 -0400

Andrea,
Been using Jolly's Garden Shoes for about 30 years, on my third pair.
Made in Germany. These are extremely durable plastic/rubber material
with cork insoles. Holdup to many hours using a shovel, fork, spade
and broadfork. Very comfortable and breathable. I wear them all
winter in wet conditions. Only using my muck boots when the muck is
going to be ankle deep.

I use the "Fashion Shoes" at this site: www.gardenclogs.com, for they
have the highest heel that keeps stuff from coming in, and they have a
tread that the Classic design lacks.

Great folks to deal with; one pair had a defect and they replaced them free.

And, the prices have come down about 25% since I last purchased them.

Anyone else using Jolly's shoes or clogs?

Richard Moyer
SW VA