market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip Plug Trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip Plug Trays
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:38:16 -0400

Hello everyone,

Last March, we had a discussion on the Winstrip plug trays. I heard a
lot of good about this design (air-pruning the root), and I very much
like the idea of buying durable plug trays that will last all my farming
career. So I have been hunting for a source lately.

I checked FarmTek, and they do not carry them. I did email FarmTek, and
they (very promptly!) replied that they might consider adding these to
their product line in the future, and provided me with contact info of
the manufacturer. I called, but the number have been disconnected. :(

It seems like the manufacturer is nowhere to be found on the Internet
either. As such, I give up on Winstrip. If someone knows of a reseller
of these elusive trays, I would love to hear about it.

Alternatively, if someone knows of another manufacturer of durable,
air-pruning plug trays, I would also like to hear about that. My
Internet search turned up Proptek, located in California. Anybody has
experience with these?

Etienne