market-farming - [Market-farming] Aphids, tearing out plants and Replanting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Aphids, tearing out plants and Replanting
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question about Aphids.  The remaining peppers froze last night in on of my tunnels.  I didn't know they had Aphids on them until I was picking the few remaining peppers tonight.  I was planning on tearing them out and replanting spinach for a early spring crop. However the aphids have me concerned that if i tear out the peppers, the aphids will just take to the new crop when it comes up.  Any ideas about this?  I also have spinach growing under row cover 3 feet away.  I didn't find any aphids on the spinach.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas