market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation - Aluminum vs. Steel Pipe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation - Aluminum vs. Steel Pipe
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:02:43 -0700

Aluminum pipe is the standard for all solid set systems. I have never seen
anybody in South Jersey using movable steel pipe. Don't waste your money on
steel pipe unless you want to make hoop houses out of it.
Aluminum pipe is very tough and will last a lifetime and never rust. You do
need to be careful with aluminum risers that can break off is severely
mishandled. You can sub. steel for the risers but they make the pipe heavier
to lug around... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.