market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Peppers/Epsom salts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Peppers/Epsom salts
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:35:26 +0000

We regularly cover up our peppers on frosty nights with row cover or tarps for the first 2-4 weeks of frost season and get a lot of extra production.  True for eggplants as well.  Seems like both peppers and eggplants have much better cold tolerance at the end of the season than they do at the start.

Ken Bezilla
Acorn Community Farm
central VA