market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation Systems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Irrigation Systems
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:48:23 -0400

On Sep 11, 2010, at 8:41 PM, Andy Fellenz wrote:

If I purchase a system, I will also be drilling a second well to increase my water capacity.

My recommendation is to drill the well first, in order to make sure how much water supply you can get; or at least talk to several well drillers with experience in your area as to find out what they think is probable.

Around here, at least, some places can get plenty of water; others less than a mile away may be lucky to get your 10 gallons a minute, even after drilling several wells.