market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Small-scale Fueling System Recommendations?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: idyllwild farm <idyllwildfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Small-scale Fueling System Recommendations?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:53:07 -0400

Another caution. A friend who worked in the remediation business told me that gasoline
travels through the ground relatively quickly. Small spills add up and large volume containers
(even surface ones) can be problematic if they drip and leak.
He advised always filling up on a hard surface like concrete.
Mike

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 06:33:36PM -0500, Barking Cat Farm wrote:
> I was curious if anybody had recommendations for a smaller scale farm fueling system?  We use both gasoline and diesel.

How about drum pumps:
http://is.gd/eSjXr
?
You should be able to extend the outlets with hose.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  175 days 15 hours 04 minutes