market-farming - [Market-farming] Transplanting Fennel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Transplanting Fennel
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:58:33 -0400

I've read it was EXTREMELY temperamental in terms of disturbing the roots.  Our direct sown crop did well this spring/early summer but its been so blasted hot up here I was not even going to try to direct seed.

So I am trying trying transplanting fennel.  SO far so good.  Its on week two with constant watering to keep things cool and its in a shade spot that keeps it cool for the later half of the day.

ANy experience to compare?

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio