market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Melons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Weinheimer <mrw601 AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Melons
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:29:33 -0400

John,
I can second the recommendation for orange honey honeydews, they are the sweetest melon I've ever tasted.  We are near Albany, NY, on the edge of the Helderberg escarpment, about 10 deg. cooler than the valleys.  We just picked the first of our melons transplanted on June 23 on biotello plastic.  Good luck with your melon project.
Mark

--
Mark Weinheimer
Farm Manager