market-farming - [Market-farming] Squirrels in tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nora Owens" <noraowens AT comcast.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Squirrels in tomatoes
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 12:56:22 -0400

After being away for a couple of days, I harvested tomatoes and noticed that a number had been eaten, bites out of the sides of ripe ones. Has anyone heard of squirrels eating tomatoes? Also, at the same times, a number of sunflower blossoms have vanished. We don’t have vandals, so am wondering if it is being done by squirrels, too. I’ve seen a few in the garden recently. Any help will be good, also solutions, please.

Nora, Keets’ Croft, W. MA