market-farming - [Market-farming] Pumping water from a stream or pond

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Libsch <mmlibsch AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pumping water from a stream or pond
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:27:27 +0000

I am hoping to lease 1/2 acre of farm land that has a pond and a stream running next to it. I will need to pump water for irrigation of vegetables and cut flowers. I plan to use drip tape primarily, but may also use small microjet sprinklers for new plantings.

I would like to ask for advice about purchasing and powering a pump. I would also like to ask for advice about filtering water to make it safe for irrigating food crops.

Thanks all,

Mike

California/New York