market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tying up cukes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tying up cukes
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:45:02 -0400

At this place tomato clips are a one season deal, second year there are enough failures during installation to merit buying new.

On tomatoes I like the first one for attaching string to plant, after that just twisting the vine round the string is sufficient.

For cukes I liketo use  more, and consider them a must have when they get to the truss cords and start across the greenhouse.

At clean-up I would just as soon get that stuff off the property so the whole mess goes to the trash to energy electric place.

MAsteveINE