market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] water wagon pump advice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] water wagon pump advice
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 06:22:12 -0400

I don't have any answers to your questions but I'm hoping that you will give more details on your set up since I've found it about impossible to find good solar pumps. Thanks -Allan in WV

Hi All:
I put together a water wagon using a 200 gallon tank and trailer.
I am pumping water using an on-demand 12 volt pump (45 max psi; 4.9 gpm) which works great but I'm wondering if I should add a pressure tank so that the pump isn't running non-stop. On the other hand, it only takes 20-40 minutes to drain the tank and it's solar powered, so it may not matter that much.
Thanks for any advice.
Mike