market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:56:30 -0400

Jay. Stick toothpicks in small pieces of tomatoes the best you can, on a plate of some sort and set these right with your tomatoes. Maybe you will need to cut some up before getting to the market. I have found doing this is the way to sell. I hate doing samples, but sometimes it is the only way to get people educated. Maybe a small sign stating farm grown and heirloom as the Cherokee’s are. Tell them you are proud of your great tomatoes.

Good Luck!

Sue

Vermont