market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Encouragement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Encouragement
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:42:14 -0500

On Jun 18, 2010, at 12:25 PM, "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net> wrote:

...thinking that I might want to just do a CSA only next year.

Of course everybody's situation is different, but we decided to go primarily CSA several years back for retail sales. After pulling our hair out with the tedium of custom ordering, coupled with the frustration we often had with selling certain things we'd worked really hard on growing and harvesting, we decided that we really didn't like harvesting anything that wasn't already sold. CSA seemed like an obvious better choice for us. Luckily, even though we were one of the first in our area and it was a new concept to many, our customers embraced the idea.

Hang in there,
Laurie
Barking Cat Farm