market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes go from shortage to glut

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomatoes go from shortage to glut
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:33:58 -0400

On Jun 18, 2010, at 11:04 AM, BarbaraJ wrote:

But then had a wonderful, tiny, mature woman with a long graying braid come and talk to me for 1/2 hr. in the pouring rain about how beautiful the beets were and how much she loved salad greens but couldn't grow enough in her backyard, so she bought a huge amount of what we had available.  She made my entire day and those people keep me growing.

Yup. That's a lot of what keeps me going, too.

We don't need all the customers -- couldn't handle them all if we tried. What we need is to find those people who care what they're eating. There are enough of them out there, if we can just make the connection.