market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hail damaged drip tape?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 02:37:38 GMT

Well.... our fields get weedy. REALLY weedy. And, we always use the 6 mil
stuff. So, by the end of any particular crops season the tape is pretty much
trash. We have tried to reuse. Many times. But, the 6 mil is pretty thin, and
with the normal wear and tear it gets, then you add in us trying to pull it
out through the weeds, well, it doesn't really hold up very well. Our rows
are all 500 feet long. It tangles around a clump of Johnson grass, or buffalo
bur which rips it to shreds...
We've put a pencil to it many times and we come out ahead to just pull it out
and recycle and lay down new.
Some day our farm will be perfect. There will be no Johnson grass. There will
be no weeds anywhere. Perfect rows. Perfectly straight. Amazing yields.
Precisely one inch of rain each week. No more of this 10 inches all at one
time stuff.
yeah right.
Carla
Perkins, OK

$13/Month Car Insurance?
Insurance deal just passed now allows you to get car insurance for $13
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c18392e328da409e80st02duc