market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Growing potatoes with drip tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Growing potatoes with drip tape
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 20:47:59 -0400

Jay

I posted how we do our potatoes but it never seemed to actually post on the
forum.

I am not too sure if I would call myself the lazy farmer but I would think
that after putting down tape putting down mulch and then removing both I
would think the amount of labor seems a bit heavy.

I suppose if you only have a couple rows its no big deal, but I think
potatoes is one of those crops that should be able to grow and mechanically
harvest AND do it with the least amount of back work possible.

Richard Stewart
rstewart AT zoomtown.com