market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Potato Planting Suggestions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Potato Planting Suggestions
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 11:17:10 -0700

About how thick is your mulch hay mat, Kathy? Have you ever had trouble with
voles or other rodents visiting the mulch motel and dining on spuds? I have
some 4' wide bales I can make 4'+/- rows with. I thought someone had once
told that brush cutting attachments are available for chain saws that will
allow cutting a round bale in two, but I have yet to find such an attachment.
That way, I could cut 5' bales in half for 36"+/- rows.

Thanks,
Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522