market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: FW: Tomato late blight comes early to themidwest

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: dguthrie AT egyptian.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: FW: Tomato late blight comes early to themidwest
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:50:45 -0500

Greetings,

I got the design for our tea brewer from Steve Diver when he was with ATTRA. No, we do not use an aerator, I don't for my fish either. We use the waterfall effect, I find the power usage is less. I made a large tea bag of remay, with a velcro closing. Our recipe is 2 large scoops of worm castings, about 3 quarts when still light and fluffy. 1/3 cup liquid humic acid, one cup kelp and about 3 cups of feed quality molasses in about 100 gallons of water. We brew for between 36 and 48 hours, in a warm greenhouse. [Texas in the summer, greenhouse with 70% shade fabric.

For tomato blight we coat the plant with straight tea, all sides of the leaves. Then we mix the tea with water, 1 part tea to 2 parts water and drench the soil. We had blight show up this spring, it is gone. It also helps with wilt.

Bright Blessings,
Garth & Kim Travis
www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
Bedias, Texas

dguthrie AT egyptian.net wrote:
Would you share directions or recipe for ypur worm casting tea (on or off
list)? Do ypu use an aerator (sp?)?
Thanks
dguthrie AT egyptian.net