market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Credit card terminals at market
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:35:26 -0400

We also have begun taking EBT cards and use the wooden nickel system. We are strictly CNG and our prices are on the high side and we got a grant to double the dollars bought with the EBT. This has helped us get a large number of EBT card holders into our market. With 19 farmers we pull in about $1000 a week in wooden dollars.  Vendors cash them in at the end of each market.  I'm confident taking rgular credit cards would also help quite bit. We're working on that.

Todd Lister
Veribest Farm
Athens Farmers Market