market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetle Invasion

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetle Invasion
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 07:50:59 -0700

I haven't seen any cuke beetles yet, but I was out looking for them and other unwelcome guests last night.  I heard that they are marching in from the west...must be Kansas!  At any rate, my cuke beetle infestation was way down last year, did anyone else find that to be the case?  Could it have been the weather or my rotation or something else going on?  We had a cool, wet summer.  I try to implement companion planting table info to encourage beneficial insects, etc.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522