market-farming - [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetle Invasion

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cucumber Beetle Invasion
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 22:09:02 -0700 (PDT)

Is it just at my place or are cucumber beetles taking over the world?  I lost one planting of beans to them and another one almost. They found the outside squash and cucumbers and today they found my squash and cucumbers in the movable tunnels.

My sticky traps and lures are being shipped, thanks Allison and others for this battle plan,  I just hope they don't destroy or infect anything soon. I just started picking zucchini and cucumbers will be another week.

Any other ideas on dealing with them?  Row cover is out of the question. Plants are too big for it.

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com
http://highfarming.blogspot.com/