market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] another wilting question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] another wilting question
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 21:41:41 EDT

We have cut lettuce for about 20 years with scissors and really  have no problem with wilt.  Within 15 to 20 minutes of cutting the greens they are put in cold water and stay's in that cold water until it  we get time to spin and bag in 5# bags and put in cooler at 36 degree's.  We keep the green's under our tables that are always shady and very seldom have I ever had any green's get wilty.  I feel getting the field heat out of the product's is what keep's it from getting wilt and most of our customers can get about 10 days from our greens

Phil from Iowa.