market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:29:12 -0400

Judging from what others have said on this I would write E&R and explain the difficulty to them. If the people they have hired to handle their phone and credit card orders are messing up that badly they need to know about it (and, as others have said, this is not E&R themselves; I think they are Amish.) -- Do you know personally the people you talked to at the bank? Between one person I didn't know on the phone at the seed company and another person I didn't know on the phone at the bank I wouldn't know how to tell which story was right.

I have ordered from them a number of times and have not generally had problems; though the people on the phone order line can't always tell what's out of stock at the warehouse they have been honest about it. If they are now telling customers that items are definitely in stock when they're not E&R need to know about that too. E&R themselves do respond to letters, though of course that can take a while.

I have a number that was the warehouse number, at least a couple of years ago, and different from the order line: the people who answered that phone were able to straighten out a minor problem for me a couple of years ago. I don't know whether that phone is still active but you could try calling there:  260-692-6827; I don't think they can take orders at that number, and I doubt they know anything about the credit card problem, but they might be able to tell you about the backordered items.