market-farming - [Market-farming] E&R seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] E&R seed
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:09:47 -0400

Hi

I just wanted to relate some issues I'm having with E&R seed. Their selection is good and they have a lot of untreated seed, their prices are also very good.  That said, I have been having a LOT of  trouble that I shouldn't be having in the customer service area and it has caused me a considerable amount of aggravation.  When I placed my order the saleslady said my card was denied, she also claimed she tried it 5 times.  When I called my bank they told me she typed inthe wrong expiration date and that it was only tried once.  When I called back the lady was very rude when I told her about the wrong expiration date, she said she typed inthe correct one several times, she had the correct date.  When I asked her to try it again she said she did  and that it was still being denied but when I called the bank they told me she had not done it.  I called back again she claimed she tried it again while I was on the phone but that it was still being denied, called the bank again and they said she didn't do that.  Anyway I called the bank to ask if there was some way she could call the data in since she was having so much trouble but they told me that the order was already processed and that she only tried twice, once with the wrong date and once, two days later, with the correct one.  On top of this I was supposed to have my sweet potato order on or before May 15th and still have not gotten it, can't get anyone on the phone or to call me back.  I ordered their 4 star chard and they left out 2 of the colors, so why bother with ordering a mix when I don't get half the mix?  I was told they had everything I ordered in stock when I called inthe order, I made sure to do that, but when I recieved the order there were several backorders and I can't find out when I'll get them.   Some of these seeds have to go in soon or I can't use them till next year so if they aren't going to send them in time for this year I would like to cancel but again I can't get in touch with the order dept.  When I called their seed information line, which is only available an hour a day, they were clueless about every seed I asked about and said they couldn help me with order problems.  I can't imagine everybody has this sort of trouble with E&R but I sure have and I'm not very happy with them which is a shame because, except for their lousy and rude service, they seem like a great place to get untreated seed at reasonable prices.

Wyatt Jones

Jamestown Ohio