market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <bullrunfarm AT hughes.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:32:16 -0400

I'm really happy with E&R. I've been using them for, I think, five years now with only minor problems and much good experience. I find the onion starts and sweet potato slips I order from them are of higher quality at a lower price than when I ordered straight from the grower they order from. (they seem to get a better deal and better quality than if I order straight from the grower). They often have seeds I can't find from other companies or have hard to get seeds at a lower price than other companies.

The problem it sounds like you are having is with the company they have contracted with to do their phone and credit card orders. Up until the year before last E&R only dealt with people that came by their storefront, or by mail and checks - no phones no credit cards - which I found annoying but because of the good selection and great prices I went along with. Now they have contracted with this obvious low budget phone and credit card processing company there are glitches. I've called several times and it seems there couldn't be more than 2 or maybe 3 people working there because I talk to the same people (one woman and I suspect one man, maybe two) all the time. To me the phone answering service have been polite and helpful if not always on top of the ball but then I don't expect them to know anything more than how to take my order down and process my credit card. Apparently, from your experience they aren't always that good at doing that all the time either.

Leigh
in Virginia