market-farming - [Market-farming] tilling question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tilling question
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:56:36 -0600

My father wants me to use part of his place.  It is tough native sod grass, Colorado native prairie.  We do not currently have a tiller that can do this work.  He has a 15HP small Kubota tractor and I have a skid steer.  Which is the best way to go?  We can buy a tiller to use on his Kubota with the PTO or I can rent a tiller to put on the Bobcat.  I'm leaning toward just renting a tiller for the Bobcat since I did our horse arena with it last year and was pleased with how well it did.  I only am going to do 1/2 acre, so it doesn't has to be a big tractor.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Thank you!

Barb
Front Range, Colorado

PS: Carla, I'm SO sorry about your flood!!  I do hope you can recover very quickly.  Is it me, or is the weather much more wild this year?