market-farming - [Market-farming] Radishes; was Re: Hakurei Turnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler AT lrec.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Radishes; was Re: Hakurei Turnips
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:58:09 -0500

On 4/28/2010 12:43 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:
I don't like radishes

Someone else said the same thing.  For customers who might say the same thing, I thought I'd pop in to say that I never liked radishes much myself until I tried them pickled.  I didn't cook them, but just sliced them into a vinegar/sugar brine with a little salt and let them set a few hours. They're delicious this way! Takes the "bite" out of them (though if you like "bite" you could add pepper to the brine), but they're still crisp and fresh tasting.  I'm going to preserve some this way this fall.  If you search for "pickled radishes" you can find lots of recipes.

--Leslie