market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Using Hatfield transplanter for soil blocks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mdbrabo AT att.net" <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Using Hatfield transplanter for soil blocks
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:22:18 -0500

We've found using the next larger size Hatfield works best.  i.e  2 1/2" planter with 2" blocks; 1 1/2" planter with plugs.

Peace,
   Mike
    Vesterbrook Farm, Clarksville MO

On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:44 AM, Ryan Platte wrote:

Exactly the same thing happened to me, except tht we'd grown a small hoophouse full of 2" blocks that needed to go in right away! (And haven't gotten a 1.5" blocker yet.)

Those were a couple loooong days in the field.

Gotta call Johnny's to exchange.

Ryan Platte
Bootstrap Acres, Rochester NY
http://bootstrapacres.com/