market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Using Hatfield transplanter for soil blocks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Using Hatfield transplanter for soil blocks
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:06:11 -0400

Chris,
I use soil blocks also and I use the larger sized Hatfield (2 1/2"?) if the
transplant has plenty of foliage to keep it from turning in the chute. I
just take both transplanters to the field. You can use a dowel rod to push
your stuck transplant through, but I find tapping the side will normally
dislodge it. If they only occasionally flip in the chute then just stop and
hand transplant or throw another on top. I use mine by myself and like it
even with the clichés.

Happy Earth Day,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden