market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter Cabbage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter Cabbage
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:09:56 -0700

I transplanted some last year, too. I don't remember when I seeded it, but
we put it in the ground in early-mid July. Perhaps I didn't have enough
fertility for it, because it didn't get very big through the fall, but it
looked and tasted great. The heads that I didn't get to last fall/winter, I
harvested this spring and were also in great shape and tasted that way, too.
I used no row cover, no nothing for protection. Nice and sweet and tasty.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522