market-farming - [Market-farming] Help with boxes?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Help with boxes?
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:03:51 -0400

Our second year into this, we have hundreds of healthy transplants
growing well, and I'm wondering how to get these intact to market and
our new restaurant accounts.
Mostly lettuces and asian greens, also broccoli and cauliflower.
Beans, heirloom tomatoes, carrots, beets and other root crops to
follow.

Am considering ordering waxed boxes.
Is there a one size-fits all box I can begin with?

We are not certified organic yet; would like to reuse at least some of
the boxes. How do you encourage restaurants to fold and hold onto
your boxes?

Planted favas today,
Richard Moyer
Castlewood, SW VA

  • [Market-farming] Help with boxes?, Richard Moyer, 04/05/2010