market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy brassicas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Transplanting leggy brassicas
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:45:48 -0700

You can take the good advise of others and plant them deep but I think you are better off starting another batch. Since its still early in the season you will find that seeds started today will probably catch up with and produce a crop just as soon as your leggy plants. Next time be sure to give the seedlings full sun the moment they emerge from the soil. Its that first 24-48 hours that can make or break a quality cole seedling. And be careful not to harden the seedlings too much or you will stunt them completely. I think that if your south of zone 5 you don't need to harden the seedlings at all... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.