market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [sno-valley-tilth] Organic Veg Farmers whous e Semin

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [sno-valley-tilth] Organic Veg Farmers whous e Semin
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 02:46:16 GMT

Asgrow was bought by Seminis, which was bought by Monsanto.
If you want to keep up with what goes on in the veggie world, subscribe to
American Vegetable Grower Magazine. They will usually report on who has
bought what. The magazine itself is geared more for big Ag types, but it does
help me keep up with what is going on. It's not expensive. And occasionally,
I run across an article that is useful.
We bought some GMO squash seed this year. And, we had to sign our life away
to get the stuff. Which causes considerable argument on this little ole farm,
because I hate the stuff and don't want it here. My husband the college
professor insists that these things are a "tool" and we will use it like any
other tool. So, we argue. Anyway, I can't remember the exact wording of the
papers he (hubby) signed, but it was along the lines of, we wouldn't save
seed, we would destroy the crop residue within a certain time frame after
last harvest. We've bought the virus resistant squash before, and never had
to sign anything. But, that may have been before Monsanto, when it was still
Seminis.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Criminal Lawyer
Criminal Lawyers - Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/c?cp=QgNr9q9h5dZUBQnuw6tgWgAAJz1IpEJmPFxVJyqaeAXGqH-MAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiFgAAAAA=

  • Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [sno-valley-tilth] Organic Veg Farmers whous e Semin, cjmaness AT juno.com, 03/18/2010