market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeder & bed shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Unschooler AT lrec.org, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeder & bed shaper
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:56:35 -0500

We just picked up a IH 5100 with a seed box in almost mint condition for 3500.00.  That's 12' and capable of seeding a whole host of crops from beans to buckwheat.

There are smaller ones for less.

Not too sure how well it work over seeding.  Its not a no till drill like they are using for the rolled cover crop planting.

We'll be using it for a host of stuff (beans, wheat, and buckwheat) including laying in forage crops in old and new pasture.  The cyclone seeder we use now simply does not allow is enough control.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855