market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] a manure plow...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] a manure plow...
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:08:05 -0800

Most concentrated hog and cattle feeders use liquid manure that is injected
deep into the soil with a modified chisel plow. Locally our guys apply sludge
the same way. Many states now regulate how and when manure can be applied on
the surface so check the regs first before you apply any manure. There is a
special moldboard plow made in Europe that can completely turn over soil from
bottom to top that would do a good job of covering manure. Many double crop
vegetable growers use this plow to get an instant seed bed directly after
harvests... Bob.