market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Listserve Update 2/24

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Listserve Update 2/24
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:37:48 -0500

On Feb 25, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Road's End Farm wrote:

On Feb 25, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Allan.Balliett wrote:

I belong to about 30 Yahoo! groups and have never seen an option to
belong to one without logging into Yahoo! first. I don't care if you
join Yahoo!, but if you need my help to get out of joining Yahoo! to
join CSAFarmers, you'll have to tell me how to do it!

Actually it was easy. Instead of clicking on the link to "join the
group", you just click on one a little below it, which I think said
"join the mailing list". So I think I'll now get posts from the group
through my email. That's the way it works with the NOFA list, anyway
-- though actually, nothing's come through yet but a welcome message
that isn't set up the way the NOFA list was; it sends me to a web page
where I can't seem to get at the messages. Maybe they'll start coming
through later, though.

I have several messages from the CSA group in my inbox this morning; so that does appear to be working. So, if anybody else who's supposed to sign on is having trouble doing so, try that technique.

You may not have access to archives, etc., by that technique; but there apparently are some preferences you can control (digest form, etc); links in small print at the bottom right of the emails.