market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Listserve Update 2/24

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Listserve Update 2/24
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:02:15 -0500

On Feb 25, 2010, at 8:49 PM, Allan.Balliett wrote:

Rivka

Comments below:

Two questions:

1) Is this list not going to work for anyone with no Yahoo account? If
so, I'm not interested, as I have no other reason to want one and
resent being pushed into getting one. (I know Yahoo will host a list
that accepts members with no Yahoo account as I'm on another list
that's set up that way.)

I belong to about 30 Yahoo! groups and have never seen an option to
belong to one without logging into Yahoo! first. I don't care if you
join Yahoo!, but if you need my help to get out of joining Yahoo! to
join CSAFarmers, you'll have to tell me how to do it!

Actually it was easy. Instead of clicking on the link to "join the group", you just click on one a little below it, which I think said "join the mailing list". So I think I'll now get posts from the group through my email. That's the way it works with the NOFA list, anyway -- though actually, nothing's come through yet but a welcome message that isn't set up the way the NOFA list was; it sends me to a web page where I can't seem to get at the messages. Maybe they'll start coming through later, though.

2) I never did find out whether our one CSA-style customer, and
interest in possibly expanding into an actual CSA, makes us eligible
to join. Allan, could you please let me know?

How could I want to have a CSAFarmers discussion group without having
you as part of it, Rivka?

Thanks!

Am I approved to post, too, or just to lurk? (though I don't know if I'll have much to say, yet.)