market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Looking for determinate Tomato reccomendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: E C GRANATA <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Looking for determinate Tomato reccomendations
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:12:06 -0700

John:  What does horn silica do?

Elaine
Denver

From: johnkaty AT shaw.ca
To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:36:22 -0800

My Celebrity and Big Beef taste awesome. Try spraying horn silica in the early am. It does wonders.

Best, John

On 26-Jan-10, at 7:52 PM, frank ventura wrote:

We are expanding this year (again) and would like to plant 600-800 row feet
of determinate field tomatoes.  Can anyone provide a recommendation on a
variety that they grow which has good taste.  Looking for red slicing
varieties only and early maturity is not a huge concern as we will have
greenhouse tomatoes for the early season.

Considering Mountain Fresh Plus, ...Jetstar (moderate indeterminate).

In the past have not been happy with Celebrity.

We are growing in Massachusetts on the NH border.

Thanks,
Frank