market-farming - [Market-farming] Looking for determinate Tomato reccomendations

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "frank ventura" <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Looking for determinate Tomato reccomendations
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:52:25 -0500

We are expanding this year (again) and would like to plant 600-800 row feet
of determinate field tomatoes. Can anyone provide a recommendation on a
variety that they grow which has good taste. Looking for red slicing
varieties only and early maturity is not a huge concern as we will have
greenhouse tomatoes for the early season.

Considering Mountain Fresh Plus, ...Jetstar (moderate indeterminate).

In the past have not been happy with Celebrity.

We are growing in Massachusetts on the NH border.

Thanks,
Frank