market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] grow your own sweet potato slips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] grow your own sweet potato slips
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:02:27 -0600

Greetings,
I have always just left a sweet potato on the counter. When the slips get to be a couple of inches long, I cut them with very sharp scissors, dip them in root hormone and plant. That way, any disease in the parent spud doesn't get into my garden, or so my Grandad taught me.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

prmsdlndfrm AT aol.com wrote:
Do you cut the sweet potato like a regular potato? Ive been trying to grow these things for years and havent had any success. I can grow regular taters fine.
josh