market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 84, Issue 32

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 84, Issue 32
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:07:15 -0800 (PST)

> We need to install deer fencing around our garden area. Where is a good
> place to start looking for something that won't cost an arm and a leg?
>
> I finally broke down and put in a deer fence a couple of years ago and
WOW I finally got to see just how much I can produce when the deer don't
eat 70%!
I went with cedar posts because there is a cedar mill near by where I
could get them very cheap. I did 4' wire fencing from the ground up and
strung wire at 1 ft intervals to a height of 9' total. I read that white
flagging hung at the height of a deer's tail is seen by them as other
territorial deer and helps. In reality if they are hungry enough and get
a good running start they can jump 12' !! But my 9' works as long as all
ends are sealed. Once the fence was in I found them getting in by
crawling Under my funky gates. So my problem is now decent gates. The
garden in in direct vicinity of the house and I need access throughout the
year in snow country.
How have you all solved this reasonably cheap?
Many thanks Sora in Paradise Valley N.Idaho
where it is in the mid 40's with no snow or sun for
the
the last 3 weeks totally weird!

  • Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 84, Issue 32, sora, 01/21/2010