market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Guinea fowl in the Garden?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Guinea fowl in the Garden?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:59:17 -0600

Hmm, don't know.  I don't think the chickens would hurt mature asparagus fronds as long as they weren't there too long.  However,  I am not conversant enough with the lifecycle of asparagus beetles to know whether it would be a good time for controlling them.  I'm guessing the chickens are scratching up and eating pupae, but don't really know. No research data, just observation.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm