market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "Black Garlic" -- anyone ever hear of this?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "Black Garlic" -- anyone ever hear of this?
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 12:10:55 -0500

On Jan 10, 2010, at 1:44 AM, Erik Lane wrote:

sounded to me like something that either would really only be worthwhile on a small or really large scale. There didn't seem to be much of a middle ground in the processes.

What I was hoping for was a recipe that could be handed out to customers, most of whom I expect would only want to make it on a small scale. I'm not really interested in producing the stuff myself for sale, partly due to lack of time and partly due to the fact that I'd need to build a processing kitchen to legally sell it.

However, the percentage of customers interested in a recipe that takes months to make isn't likely to be large. -- If it just has to sit in a corner of the basement for months, though, I might be curious enough to try it for my own use.