market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA worker payment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Curtis Millsap <cmillsap1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA worker payment
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:34:59 -0800 (PST)

Right now I've got a couple who work for their entire winter share, valued at $690/ 23 weeks. One of them comes each week on distribution day, and works for 4 hours prepping produce, organizing, harvesting, etc.  One of them is exceptional help, one is mediocre.  Overall it has been a good experience, and well worth it for me, as I can rely on their assistance Tuesday afternoons.  I think the trade is pretty fair as well, as they also are excited about being on the farm, and learning more about growing food.

Curtis and Sarah Millsap
Millsap Farm
Springfield MO
C 839-0847