market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] planting calendar wish

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dan <dan AT citygardenfarms.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] planting calendar wish
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:29:34 -0800

It's free but it's still being developed.  I've emailed with the person
who is writing it and they have been very helpful in getting things
installed and started up.  It's pretty bare bones at this point, but it's
exactly what I've been looking for...once it has a few more features (like
multiple grow plans).

Dan

On Tue 08/12/09 2:42 PM , "BarbaraJ" jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net sent:
http://code.google.com/p/cropplanning/ [1]   have you seen this?
It's free. Barb ----- Original Message ----- From: Roots Farm
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size:
10pt; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;
-x-system-font: none;">To: Market Farming Community Farming [2] Sent:
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:03 PM Subject: [Market-farming] planting
calendar wish
Greetings to all,
I'd like to have a calendar (software) that would allow me to enter
varietal names and a small amount of additional info. (like whether
hybrid, organic, etc.) with planting dates and expected days to maturity.
 My vision is then that the calendar would automatically generate
expected harvest dates (perhaps with choice of graphic display) and so be
a good tool for: 1. estimating market readiness, 2. projecting holes in
cash flow and therefore when we need to plant various additional crops to
fill in gaps and 3. figuring how far off our maturity times are from
stated times to allow better planning in future.
Does anybody have or know of anything like this?  If so, is it actually
worth the data entry time?  (I am aware of the adage "Be careful what you
wish for...")
Thanks!
Best wishes,
Karen
Roots Farm Organic Produce Fruits, Roots, Vegetables
">Cockrane, DOMINICA 767-449-3038 rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm [3]