market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] No Till Veggies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] No Till Veggies
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:47:44 -0500

I tried using corn gluten this year and am not convinced that it is all that
effective. I did not use any control beds so I'm really not sure of its
efficacy or lack thereof. However that said, it does provide a source of N
and might help with some with weeds. It is my understanding that the timing
of wet then dry soil is necessary for the gluten to be effective. One must
also be aware that seeding (crops or cover-crops) after removing transplants
could be problematic. If you or anyone else has some experience/insights
using gluten I would love to hear more.

Thanks,
Farmer Breck
Breck Carden